How Do Termites Get in Your Home?February 8, 2019
3 Signs that Bats are Living in Your AtticApril 11, 2019
As the weather gets cooler and and we spend less time outdoors, insects want to spend more time inside, too. Ants—although relatively harmless—can get annoying and troublesome, especially when they start infiltrating the home in search of food and shelter. Fortunately, Aiken pest control specialists such as Advanced Services Pest Control are well equipped with the right tools, techniques and treatments to help you get rid of these pesky little creatures.
Call ant pest control services at the first sign of infestation before it gets to be too much to handle. By enlisting the help of Aiken pest control professionals, you can prevent a full-blown infestation and stop the problem before it becomes destructive. Ant pest control is a good idea not only for getting rid of the ants, but also for avoiding potential problems down the line. Here are some things to keep in mind to avoid ants in the home:
- Maintain sanitation. Good sanitation habits will not only help keep ants away, these habits prevent pests from infesting your home in general. When it comes to ant prevention, keeping your house clean and free from sticky spills, crumbs and food morsels will help you avoid attracting their presence.
- Properly store food items in your pantry, desks, shelves and cupboards. If you don’t give ants a reason to enter your home, they will scout for a food source elsewhere.
- Do regular house inspections. Even the simplest visual inspections can help you detect and identify potential infestations. A periodic inspection from an Aiken pest control professional will help you make sure that your home is free from any other type of pest problem, while giving you access to ant pest control services to help keep ants away from your property.
- Seal cracks and other possible entrances into your home. Inspect your home for cracks around your doors, windows, and foundation. Use caulk or other type of sealant that will not wear away and degrade easily over time or when exposed to the elements. Re apply sealant as frequently as needed to keep ants out.
- Deploy ant baits. If there are active areas around your property where ants typically congregate, consult with your Aiken pest control service about effective ant baits that you can use to keep them from multiplying and possibly entering your home.