Moisture Control is VitalFebruary 24, 2021
Mosquitos – Year-Round Problem Here in GeorgiaJune 15, 2021
Spring is in the air, and so are the spring bugs! No doubt you’ve seen more flies, gnats, ants, wasps and bees outside. If they’re more abundant, they are looking for food and safety – in other words, your home. Now is a great time to contact Advanced Services Pest Control before they get out of hand. We have a variety of affordable options for spring pest control.
Spring bugs in Augusta-Aiken
Before you can take any spring bug control measures, you need to know what to look for. Here are some of the most common spring bugs in the Augusta River Region:
- Termites swarm in the spring, looking to start new colonies, and they’d love to do it in the walls of your home. Our Sentricon system will keep them out.
- Stink bugs produce an awful odor, thus, the name. If they get inside, they’ll produce that odor in your home.
- Ants are pests inside and out. They can get in through the tiniest spaces and will seek out small crumbs of food. Nobody wants to get stung by an ant, especially in your house.
- Mosquitos can carry diseases that make you sick. It doesn’t take much sitting water for mosquitos to breed. This is definitely a pest you want to control, and we eliminate mosquitos with our Pest Plus plan.
- Spiders are waiting to eat all those other little insects. Many spiders are harmless to people, but some can be deadly. Regardless, you don’t want them inside!
There are many more spring bugs to watch out for. Advanced Services Pest Control employs pest experts, many of whom are graduates of the Purdue University Entomology Department.
What you can do for spring pest control
The biggest thing any homeowner can do for pest control is to clean – inside and out.
Clean your yard and remove piles of leaves, stacks of wood and other such insect hangouts from near your exterior walls. Make sure there is no standing water outside. Mosquitoes can breed in even a little bit of water in a tire swing or in the back of a toy dump truck. While you are outside, closely inspect your exterior walls, especially around doors and windows. Find and seal any cracks that insects can use to get inside.
Keeping the inside of your home clean goes a long way when it comes to spring pest control. Never leave food out on a countertop, and always wipe down counters and tables after meals and sweep in the kitchen. Even tiny crumbs can be a lot of food for insects. If you have carpet, vacuum often. Also, be sure to take out the trash often. Don’t leave anything that bugs and insects want.
Perhaps the most important step you can take in fighting spring bugs is to simply contact Advanced Services Pest Control. From ants, mosquitoes and spiders to squirrels, raccoons and mice, we know pests and are here to help.